Bob the Angry Flower
24th November 2000
Bob's Quick Guide to the Apostrophe, You Idiots
There's a lot of frustration in the newspaper cartoon industry aboyt
the public's deep ignorance about this elementary punctuation mark.
Here, then, is a simple guide to some basic grammar, you illiterate
- The cat's out of the bag.
- The cat's feet are out of the bag.
- All the cat's are out of the bag.
NO! WRONG! TOTALLY WRONG! Where'd
you learn this? STOP DOING IT!
Some Popular but Incorrect Rules
- When pluralizing a word that ends with a vowel, add an
- taco's burrito's latte's tomatoe's potato's knive's
This is wrong!
- When pluralizing any other word, add an apostrophe.
- ball's kitty's car's VCR's sheep's gribbl's
And so is this!
- Add an apostrophe whenever you want.
- And of course so is this!
An UNWELCOME EDUCATION product.