Martin Luther King, Jr.
- "Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?' Vanity asks the question, 'Is it popular?' But, conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because one's conscience tells one that it is right."
- "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
- "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
- "If we do not help a man in trouble, it is as if we caused the trouble."